Friday, February 29, 2008
Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Sunday, February 24, 2008
Tuesday, February 19, 2008
Sunday, February 03, 2008
Saturday, February 02, 2008
Holiday Season and one week skiing have offered some extra time for reading (as usually). I got four recommendations from two different areas of interest: mountaineering/climbing and technology (not coding!). Here we go:
- Alexander Huber: Der Berg in mir. Klettern am Limit. An extraordinary book from an extraordinary guy. Alex is one part of the famous Huber Buam. His climbing record is unbelievable.
- Reinhold Messner: Die weiße Einsamkeit. Mein langer Weg zum Nanga Parbat. The Diamir (Nanga Parbat) is his mountain of destiny. Reinhold Messner is the greatest Alpinist of all times. This book is breathtaking and it is telling a story of tragedy and courage.
- Scott Berkun: The Myth of Innovation This book is a must for all people having dreams and an innovative mindset. Yes, yes, yes innovation needs a special environment to foster cool and smart ideas.
- Donald A. Norman: The Design of Everyday Thingseverything is so true. Hey, but why we are still surrounded by so many goods and devices of poor design and usability? This book was written in 1988!
In addition, I need to post two DVD’s for all folks in love with outdoors, wilderness and the mountains:
- Der letzte Trapper [Director: Nicolas Vanier]
- Am Limit (The Huber Buam, again!) [Director: Pepe Danquart]